• This site
    supported by:
  • BCcampus

[T.e.l.l. December] Creating Your Personal Cloud Storage Network

TELL_banner-01
Title: Creating Your Personal Cloud Storage Network
When: 12:00 noon (PDT), Dec 9th, 2014
Who: Grant Gregson, Emily Carr University of Art + Design
Where: ETUG Room in BB Collaborate (Link below). If this is your first time using BB Collaborate web conferencing, see some great tips here.

<< JOIN THIS SESSION >>

Session Description

It doesn’t take long when you look around your computer’s files and folders to realize how difficult it can be to manage, store and access your data. Working in the education sector, you will typically have numerous projects on the go at the same time and need to access and share those files from a number of different platforms and devices over the course of your professional life.  This session will be looking at how to setup your own personal cloud service with two examples: an overview of WD’s “MyCloud” and Bitnami’s open source “ownCloud”. A group discussion will follow, providing insight into some of the most popular cloud service options, such as Apple’s iCloud, Microsoft’s OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox. Got a favourite Cloud service? Come and TELL your story.

Presenter Biography

Grant-GregsonGrant is the Emily Carr University of Art + Design’s Teaching and Learning Centre Coordinator researching and teaching new technologies and pedagogical practices to faculty and staff for use in the classroom, research and online environments. He is the administrator of Emily Carr’s elearning platforms that include Moodle, Blogs and Wikis and video web publishing environments.
Grant serves on the Curriculum Planning + Review Committee (CPR) and on the Current Design Journal Advisory Board at Emily Carr, on the ETUG Steering Committee (SCETUG) and serves as the university’s UCIPD representative (University, College, and Institute, Professional Development). He enjoys directing ECUPS (Emily Carr University Production Services), a student media team providing visual design, filming, publishing and live webcasting of special events, faculty and artist lectures that take place at Emily Carr.